The South Eastern Railway route between Tunbridge Wells and Hastings was authorised in 1846, and opened in stages: the section between Tunbridge Wells and Robertsbridge was opened on 1 September 1851. One of the stations opened the same day was originally named Withernden Station, but was renamed in December the same year to Ticehurst Road Station. It became Stonegate Station on 16 June 1947.
The Road to the Station - 1921
The Station - 1907